On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 04:40:05PM -0600, Scott M. Dier wrote:
>Ben Lutgens wrote:
>
>As a counterargument, people who administrate OSS by day and don't at
>least contribute some of their work day (if possible) towards security
>issues are missing one of the easiest ways for them to intergrate work
>for $$ and contributing back to Free software.

Except that you don't get paid to do that sort of work by your employer
(which is often the case) and that may be viewed as a misuse of your
company time. A real ass-of-a-boss might view that as grounds for
dismissal.

You make a valid point though scott. And I aggree that people should try to
take what they learn from working and feed it back, _especially_ if the
company they work for is reaping the copious benefits of open source or
free software applications. My current employer has no problems with that
sort of thing thankfully.

--
Ben Lutgens		http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/
Sistina Software Inc.

pub  1024D/9A0DDC59 2001-12-12 Ben Lutgens <blutgens at sistina.com>
     Key fingerprint = 8FCD A1EE CEA7 DEE1 9361  F32C 0A90 30D1 9A0D DC59
sub  1024g/1FC75C99 2001-12-12