On Thursday 14 February 2002 09:38, Troy.A Johnson wrote:
> I don't think there is a provision, even in my
> unreasonable EULA, that allows them to
> "expire" my licenses to Windows 98 or 95.
> They don't have to sell me any more of them
> though...
>
> If they could, I don't know if I would be replacing
> them with Windows XP Pro simply because I
> assume if they can do it once, they can do it again.

>  Result... corporate Windows users
> that had been running 9x are forced to upgrade to XP Professional (at
> $200-$300 a seat) or get a visit from the BSA for using expired licenses.

I just looked at my 95 EULA and the provision I thought was in there about
them having the right to change the license with "sufficient notice" isn't
there.  Of course the M$ FUD^H^H^H uh.. PR department will spin in such away
that most corporate PHBs will believe they can't run the software "safely"
anymore. Also I've seen some articles (pertaining to Office) that suggest
that if a company is a participant in one of M$'s "license programs" those
licenses maybe "adjustable".

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com