On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 12:14:50PM -0600, Chris Dresel wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 February 2002 11:26, you wrote:
> > OK, I was curious - I was thinking about getting a new(er) copy of
> > Project Gutenberg on CD-ROM.
> >
> > I used to get it from Walnut Creek - www.cdrom.com redirects to
> > www.simtel.net, www.wccdrom.com resolves, but the server doesn't
> > answer.
> >
> > Has Walnut Creek gone out of business?  Does anyone have any
> > suggestions on the best place to get a clone of Project Gutenberg at
> > this time?
>
> Try http://promo.net/pg/

I went there - they routed me to Walnut Creek (which is how I found
www.wccdrom.com existed, I'd tried going straight to www.cdrom.com
first) and another site.

I forget the name of the other site - but the internal inconsistencies
on the web page I was directed to did NOT inspire confidence!  Such
things as showing multiple different prices for the CD-ROM _on the
same screen_!

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org