OK, I'll comment...

For me personally, Win2K has a much better TOC than Linux. Why? Most of my
experience is with Windows.

In terms of stability and reliability, I've always found NT/2K to be so,
especially for development. (Win9x, on the other hand is often nothing but
trouble.) In terms of virus resistance and security, if you play without
protection, you're going to catch something, no matter what the platform.

Do I have to apply the occasional patch? Of course. Is a misconfigured
system going to be flaky? Of course. But I've seen firsthand the same
holding true whether you run Linux or NT/2K. Come on, be honest--you know
this is true.

Now, don't get me wrong--I really enjoy Linux. I want to see it used more at
home and at the workplace, and I suggest a Linux solution to my clients
whenever feasible. And someday, I certainly won't mind leaving Windows
behind.

But right now, the experience factor alone makes Windows much cheaper for
me. What would turn the tables in favor of Linux? Time, a lot of it. And as
a consultant, time is money, a lot of it.

Lee Behrens

<BobTanner>
I might be blinded by by religion and this group my not have the ability to
let
the religion go, but can anyone look outside the box on this and comment?

My perspective is Linux is much cheaper then Windows. Even if you pay for a
distro you are starting out ahead. Add the virus resistence, stability,
reliability, and security out of the box. Linux should be have a better TOC
then
Win2k.
</BobTanner>