On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 11:44:25AM -0600, Jim Streit wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't mean to sound harsh, but I have tried RedHat 7.2,
> Mandrake 7.1, and Redmond Linux (Lycoris) on a test machine and all of
> them have ran rather slow, even after removing extra unneeded apps and
> stuff.
>
> I really need to have the performance to be real close to the Windows
> invironment on the same hardware.  If I can get the performance, I can
> start moving it to desktops.

As long as you don't use kde/gnome the box should be usable.

Set it with icewm as window manager and rxvt as terminal emulator and it
will be snappy.

florin

PS: Make sure to change the default theme to microGUI or mozilla.

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4