On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Jim Streit wrote:

> The equipment is older, like p200 and 64 meg ram, 1.2 gb drives.
>
> The setup has to perform close, if not as well as Windows 98, with
> Office 97 and Outlook, on the same hardware.
>
> Is this even possible with Linux or should I just forget about it?

That is mean and cruel, Jim.  I run that as my PRIMARY WORKSTATION!!!  Ok,
1.2 Gb is a little small but pretty much any mature distro will give you
everything you need.  I use RH6.2 on mine but there's no reason 7.2
wouldn't work just as dandy.  Or Debian, or slack, or, or or...

Seriously, there's nothing shoddy about this system at all.  Now, I have
the same requirements for my 486 Thinkpad, that has been an interesting
task... :-)

-Brian