Does anyone have a good recommendation for my following situation:

The equipment is older, like p200 and 64 meg ram, 1.2 gb drives.

I need a GUI interface
I need an e-mail package that does POP3, but IMAP or both would be better
I need a web browser
I need basic office applications, best if they can read M$ documents,
but not nessesary.
I need to be able to connect to a M$ network shares and printers
I need a file manager
I want to have a couple hundred megs of open free drive space
I want to only have what I need to be installed

The setup has to perform close, if not as well as Windows 98, with
Office 97 and Outlook, on the same hardware.

Is this even possible with Linux or should I just forget about it?

Thanks
Jim Streit