On Sunday 10 February 2002 10:49 am, Mike Nielsen wrote:
> I had a lot of bizzare CPU problems as well.  Turned out to be heat.   I
> would try to simply pull your case off and let it run free.  Maybe point a
> fan at the cpu.

Which brings up an interesting question -- many modern motherboards have some
sort of built-in thermometer that the BIOS can apparently read.  (Mine has
two:  one on/adjacent to the CPU, and another somewhere else in the case.)
Anybody know of a Linux utility to pick up the temp from that and display it?

--
There's a widow in sleepy Chester