Did you upgrade just the CPU or did you upgrade the mobo as well?

If you didn't upgrade the mobo, I presume it ran fine with whatever K7 CPU
you had on there before.

If you did upgrade the mobo....

What chipset is the CPU running on?  Are you overclocking?  If your
motherboard is an Abit, there's a good chance that may be at the root of the
problems....Abits aren't known for their stability especially with the Via
chipsets for K7 CPUs.  Abits usually lead the pack with RMAs.

I only ask these questions b/c I've found most Athlon stability problems
have more to do with the chipset/particular mobo the CPU is resting on than
Intel CPUs.  Of course, that's just my gut feeling.