I am installing Slackware on a Compaq Armada 4150. Pentium 150 and 16M RAM. I
am installing over NFS with a wireless NIC<cool huh?>. I downloaded the ISO
from linuxiso.com. I mounted the ISO as a loop device and the install starts
flawlessly. However, before it can make it past its first directory of
packages I get errors. tar errors Grandchild . <I don't have the errors
staring at me ATM. It complains that the archive has errors at the beginning.
It tells me to make sure I downloaded the files in binary and that they are
not corrupt. I wonder if the date being set to 1980 might have something to
do with this? I changed it in the BIOS, but it does not stay set. I try and
change it with date -s 02/08/02 <and many other date variances> to no avail.
Has anyone seen symptoms like these before. Does anyone have any suggestions
for installing Linux on the RAM defiecient lappy? RH wants 24M for a remote
install.

It just takes soooo long to boot off of all four floppies to just get
disapointed by the same error.
thanks