Email != Schedule program

What is wrong with having a collection of small apps that do each
task well.  I will never understand the "I need my email program to run my
life" mentality.  Why not have a schedule program that works
along with a mail program that will grab the vCal or iCal's from the incoming
mail.

Thanks,
Kelly Black
KB0GBJ

On Thursday 07 February 2002 13:29, Joel Rosenberg wrote:
SNIP---
> When there's a viable alternative -- from their POV. Read Jerry Pournelle's
> columns, for example. Jerry hates the flaws in Outlook, but he finds some
> of its features unavailable elsewhere, and very handy.
>
> If, say, Evolution could do the hard stuff -- handling of task assignments
> and meeting requests -- it would be a viable alternative for a lot of
> folks. Right now, it's just a nice email program that sort of looks like
> Outlook. Ditto for sylpheed.

SNIP---