On Monday, I updated my Red Hat 7.1 box with the 2.4.9 kernel and the
new X 4 packages.  The kernel upgrade was really a "downgrade",
because I had been using a 2.4.12 kernel I'd compiled.  But I thought
it might be better to run a stock kernel if I could.

On Tuesday, I found that the 2.4.9 kernel from Red Hat didn't work as
well as the homegrown 2.4.12 kernel I had been using.

So all seems to be working fine now, but....

My local sysadmin tells me that I'm filling up the logs of the DNS
server with attempts to do dynamic updates (which our server rejects).
This started Monday, and is still going on.

I am at my wits' end trying to figure out what the heck is doing
this.  I have been finding and grepping throughout /etc and every
other place I can imagine that would hold configuration information,
and I just can't find any invocations of nsupdate or anything else
that looks suspicious.  I can't find anything on google or any other
search engine (dynamic dns update just gets a zillion responses about
people who use it to get name service for their systems that don't
have static IPs).

Anyone have any suggestions?  Anyone know what might be doing this
aside from nsupdate?

Many thanks,