Nicksteeler12 at cs.com wrote:

> i am looking for a new wm to use in slack.  i was using enlightenment and im
> getting sick of it.  i want to know what window managers are good and which
> ones arnt.  what are you useing and what dont you like?

Well, I use sawfish (formerly known as sawmill) these days.  It's fairly
lightweight (though it definitely could be better), and supports lots of
themes.  It's largely written in Scheme, which is both good and bad.  I
tend to run into trouble when the window manager gets updated while
running.  It appears to dynamically load various routines, so if the file
containing your exit routine goes away, you'll probably have to kill the X
server to log out of an X session..

I use it largely because of the integration I get with Gnome, but there
are many people out there who don't care about that stuff..

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   You never really learn to
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__   swear until you learn to