Hey everyone,

Here's a very common sysadmin task that I want to make sure I do exactly
right. My wife is home fulltime for the time being taking care of our
new baby. While she's home she's got to use "my" computer. That makes
her a Linux and KDE user by default. :-) I've got StarOffice all set up
and she's having no trouble.

I want to create a shared folder for "household" documents. Things that
should be commonly owned by both of us. I've created a 'family' group
and added the right user to the group, but I'm not sure how to set up
the permission on the shared directory so that any files added will
automatically have group ownership set to 'family'. <confession
type="bold">I never really have understood all the stuff about sticky
bits very well.</confession>

I figure that I'll just leave the new family folder in my account and
symlink to it from her /home.

Any suggestions or hints?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com