On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 10:07:29AM -0600, nassarmu at redconcepts.net wrote:
> Actually, the multiple posts are unrelated, it was a squirrelmail+smtp
> problem, it would send and yet it would report not sending anything, i
> have moved it to use sendmail(exim) shortly afterwards...

Actually, Bob may be able to add a simple procmail filter to stop dups,
email with identical "Message-Id:" headers or identical md5sum, being
sent to the list with the same filter I use for my owner personal email.
procmail-lib includes a dupcheck.rc file written by Alan K. Stebbens.
To add the rc file to your procmailrc, all you need to do is:

    # Test for dupcheck.rc file and the do_dupcheck stamp file
    :0
    * ? test -f dupcheck.rc -a -f do_dupcheck
    { INCLUDERC=dupcheck.rc }

To shut off dupchecking, remove the do_dupcheck file. ;-)  The simple
form of this has been posted a couple times to the list.  Careful, this
will throw away email:

    #  Check for duplicate with formail.
    :0 Wh: msgids.lock
    | formail -D 16384 .msgids

See also procmailex(5), procmailrc(5), formail(1).

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Get my public key, ICQ#, etc. $(mailx -s 'get info' chewie at wookimus.net)