On 6 Feb 2002, Ben Lutgens wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 09:36, jima wrote:
> >  Spencer, I'm going to have to ask you to stop sending HTML emails.  A
> > fair number of regulars use mail clients that don't support it.  It's also
> > considered rude for this very reason, and is quite unnecessary.
> >  If I didn't have a LART, I'd be running by now. :)
>
> ass. It was not an unreasonable request. And it was not in "flame" mode
> so piss off.

 Ben, I was ribbing Spencer, not you.  Your request for people to not send
HTML emails was completely reasonable, and in a polite tone.  I simply saw
an opportunity to make a joke and I thought your request was phrased well,
so I reused it.  My apologies if you were offended, but it was a joke.
 Sheesh.

     Jima