On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 09:42:55AM -0600, SpencerUnderground wrote:
> I am using kmail today.

My condolances.

> I started using kmail again because sylpheed will not read the
> sub-directories of my imap folders,

Do you understand why?  Sylpheed was designed as a graphical front-end
for mh or nmh, the Rand Mail system.  mh was originally designed as a
bulletinboard style email system.  The format in which mh stores its
emails is a separate file for each email numbered in sequence in the
directory it is stored.  IMAP servers traditionally don't understand
this format.  Likewise, Sylpheed was not originally designed to read
mbox or maildir style email formats.  That may have changed in recent
months, but IIRC, it wasn't the original intent.

Personally, I'd love to make the nmh tools more friendly to other mail
formats as well.  But that's not really going to happen unless I roll up
my sleeves and start coding.

> evolution times out on e-mails with no body in the message <my boss
> sends me mail like that *alot*>

Ick.

> and mutt just doesn't like email folders created by lookout.

Huh?  You mean the LookOut *.pst files?  Sylpheed understands these?
Kmail does?  Evolution does?  Weird.  Can you export the folder to a
standard mbox format?

> So I have a question about kmail. ...

Sorry, can't help you there...  I use nmh and mutt or sylpheed if I
really want GUI.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Get my public key, ICQ#, etc. $(mailx -s 'get info' chewie at wookimus.net)