On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 02:46, Chad C. Walstrom wrote:
> Convenient how the instructions for (un)?subscribing are included in
> every signature.

Perhaps he's using a mail user agent that is broken. Or perhaps his
ISP's mail server is striping stuff. I'd also like to point out that
each and everyone of us has had to go to the mailman sign up page to get
subscribed. A little deductive reasoning will tell a reasonably
intelligent person that they can check back there for instructions, or
even to check the LUG website for a FAQ or links to the mailing list
server.

All it takes is a little bit of effort and thought. Sometimes however
mailman or other errors happen which cause (un)subscriptions to fail. At
which point a reasonably intelligent person would again check the
aforementioned sources of copious information for a "list admin" link or
contact info. At which point a nice polite email detailing your issue
and the steps you've taken on your own to resolve the problem.

As a list admin myself, i ignore message that say "unsubscribe me from
this list" and if they say "you suck! you list sucks! unsubscribe me"
their mailing address gets added to my "naughty user" filter so their
posts go into the place where the other useless bits go. Those that are
adult enough to act like gentleman or ladies often get help from me.

--
Ben Lutgens		http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/
Sistina Software Inc.

pub  1024D/9A0DDC59 2001-12-12 Ben Lutgens <blutgens at sistina.com>
     Key fingerprint = 8FCD A1EE CEA7 DEE1 9361  F32C 0A90 30D1 9A0D
DC59
sub  1024g/1FC75C99 2001-12-12