On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Mark Browne wrote:
> This is all going like the last 3 minutes of most any TV show; things are
> turning out well after all.

 Indeed it is.

> One last item to sort out -  what is this L.A.R.T. business?

 LART stands for Luser Attitude Readjustment Tool (luser being a
combination of "loser" and "user," from my understanding).  It's a device
typically used by BOFHs (Bastard Operators From Hell[1]) to
(ahem) *persuade* people to see things from their point of view.  One of
my usual LARTs is a nice 2x2 piece of wood, about 30 inches long.  Steve
knows this, which is why he seemed confident that I could handle security
for a calm little installfest.

     Jima

[1] see:
http://bofh.ntk.net/Bastard.html