A nessus scan on my smoothwall box also comes up without any
vunerabilities.  Same as scans from DLSReports and grc.  But does that
make my smoothwall box any less secure then a generic RH 7.2 high
firewall setting box?

Does a RH 7.2 high firewall setting box give you intrusion detection?
Can a RH 7.2 high firewall setting box be installed on a machine with
only a couple hundred meg drive?
Does a RH 7.2 high firewall setting box give you site to site VPN
support?
Can RH 7.2 high firewall setting box be monitored remotly?