I just noticed that my kernel log is filling up with messages that
look like this:

Feb  5 16:11:10 mn65-zippy kernel: VFS: Disk change detected on device ide1(22,0)

My understanding is that this happens because

a.  someone's repeatedly looking at my cdrom and

b.  my cdrom mistakenly reports a disk change when it's empty.

There's been some kernel traffic about this, reporting that the gnome
program magicdev does (a), to see if it should automagically mount the
cdrom or run some autostart.  Alan Cox suggested just removing
magicdev.

But I'm running KDE.  Does anyone have any idea what in KDE might be
probing the CDROM all the time?

Thanks,