I have to agree with Andy.  While Bob is trying to spread the word of
Linux, and allow people to see the shortcomings of MS and their products.
My thought is that you "Need" to be professional about it.

Even if you word things very carefully, many people take offense at what
the message says.  I been on both receiving and giving side, as I'm sure
most everyone has as well.

With Bob, he's kind of in a dangerous situation.  He's doing what he feels
right by spreading the word of Linux, as well as trying to help out his
clients to come to a better solution.  However, people take offense at
some trivial things like this even with the most carefully of worded
e-mails.  Or footers of e-mails.  I don't know how many of RT's clients
are primarily Windows users, but regardless, if he makes them mad at
him/RT because of something he puts on an e-mail he loses business.

While I still use Windows (about 50% of the time), and I prefer Linux and
want to see if prosper, I still take a negative approach to e-mails that
spew forth negativiy towards MS in a spiteful manner.  If you want me (or
clients) to see how much of a better solution Linux is than Windows, try
doing something like the following (but keep it short):

example of a footer on company e-mail:

%company% is a Linux solutions provider.  If you would like to see how
linux could be a better alternative for you and your company, please check
out the following information:
http://linux_links.com
http://linux_compared_to_windows.com
If this has sparked some interest in you, please feel free to inquire...

People react negatively towards "forced feeding" of ideas and thoughts.
Let them make the decision of whether they want to look into it or not,
also allow them to feel like they are making a choice to better themselves
or their company.