Nate Carlson <natecars at real-time.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Mike Hicks wrote:
> > What do I need to do to convince Internet Explorer to accept an SSL
> > certificate from a website that has been self-generated and not bought
> > from Verisign, Thawte, etc.?  Mozilla/Netscape will prompt you and ask if
> > you still want to connect, but IE just decides to stop and prevents the
> > page from loading (well, I most recently saw it on IE on MacOSX, but I
> > think it happens on Windows boxes as well).
>
> When the verify box comes up, click View Certificate, the Install
> Certificate, next, next, finish, yes, ok, ok, yes.

I guess I should mention that the error really reared it's ugly head on a
Mac laptop.  A dialog box pops up, but it only has one button.  I think
the message was "The site certificate is invalid," and then there was a
red OK or Stop button..

I'm not sure if it's a Mac-specific problem or what..

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   I took a course in speed
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__   waiting. Now I can wait an