TRIM YOUR NOTES
DAMNIT!@!*&!@#@!!

Joel Rosenberg wrote:
> Note the X-headers in this. . .

and a consenting computer.

Yeah, until some outlook infestation makes my mailserver:

A) run out of space from some totally stupid word document that sircam sent.
B) waste bandwidth sending said sircam infestation.

I would love to not see this anymore, and I'm allmost thinking about
setting up procmailrc rules to limit attachments to something around 3mb
(or less) to avoid some of this crap in the future.

This isn't a private matter, this is a community problem.  Outlook has
proven too many times to waste resources on mailservers all over the
world.  Why should the good netziens stay quiet about a problem that
annoys the hell out of them.

I'm also thinking of making a confirmation website for those who choose
to use outlook to send me mail directly that confirms that this was 'for
real and not a virus' for the first email I get from them.   It should
crack down on half the crap I get in my INBOX thats (STILL!) sircam related.

Headers are ok.  15mb word documents from some moron who cant patch
their operating system is not.  MUA's that lend themselves to
'accidentially' running an executable or script is not.

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org>