On Monday 04 February 2002 4:08 pm, Chad C. Walstrom wrote:
<snip>
> I think TCLUG is past the critical mass in membership it needs to
> sustain itself.  In fact, we're large enough to have our own SIG's.
> Take tclug-devel for example.  Maybe it is time we address Linux for
> Noobeez. ;-)

To answer questions covering the points I previously raised:

Thanks Chad, this little paragraph also describes my thoughts.  I was aware
of the monthly meetings but most held in the past were beyond my level of
knowledge.  I think a SIG for newbies is a good idea.  I don't necessarily
advocate any sort of "official" relationship to TCPC, but they do seem to
have members interested in Linux.  If TCLUG can provide a newbie community
thats just fine.  I would simply hope to provide a single resource for all
these people by somehow promoting both TCLUG and TCPC in this "unofficial"
endeavor.  TCLUG has a well developed community of experienced users and
admins.  How can we best startup something similar for newbies?  And do other
members feel it's warrented?

As to our legal status I claim no expertise.  If others have researched the
idea and no benefits arise from changing the position, so be it.  I was
simply unaware of this outcome.  But in the event of an accident or
something, is there any liability placed on Real Time (or others) for hosting
our group that could be avoided by changing our legal status?  This concerns
me more than just the "formality" of non-profit status.