Couple of weeks ago, I put this into my .muttrc

my_hdr X-message-flag:          Outlook is a breeding ground for viruses. See http://cws.internet.com/mail.html for alternatives

This was based on info I read at http://www.rodos.net/outlook/

I got a couple hey-what-is-this messages (Hi! Jacque). Most, like Jacque, where
professional and polite.

Jacque and I even bantered back in forth via irc and email. But it was all in
fun.

The end of last week, I got some nasty email from outlook users. The "how dare I
mess(!) with their email" type.

Ironic.

I know I never once flamed an outlook user about mailing me a .doc file or even
an html-formatted email. When I did complain, I did it professionally and
explained why they should not send MS specific messages (my explaination is
attached)

So, I changed my outlook hack to just posts to the tclug.

Today I got 7 posts from TCLUG members complaining about my outlook hack. 1
(Thanks Jacque) was professional. The other 6 where nasty.

To respond to one of the messages, I have never had sexy with my mother. :-P

So, the point. This mailing list is for LINUX users, my little hack does not
effect ANY MUA under Linux -and- it only effects 1 specific MUA; Outlook.

So, shut off the hack? If so why? If not, why?

As an aside, I'll probably shut off the hack because I like Jacque :-), but I'm
interested in your opinions. In a world of IE only web sites, Windows only
attachements, is this really that bad of a thing?

--
Minneapolis St. Paul Twin Cities MN        | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org Minnesota Linux    | Fax   : (952)943-8500