On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 01:02:21PM -0600, Joshua b. Jore wrote:
> I didn't get there in time to actually plug anything in but I was left
> wondering how often there are hostile computers at the InstallFests? We
> all know that there are plenty of distrovution versions that have
> mandatory patch lists. How often does say, someone bring their computer
> and behind everyone's back run something hostile to either catch passwords
> in eth traffic or just try to root someone's box?

I've never heard of anyone using a machine to make active attacks at
a TCLUG installfest and I would expect any such activity to be
detected fairly quickly.  Packet sniffers show up fairly often, but
that falls into the "don't send plaintext passwords or other
sensitive information over a network that isn't 100% trusted"
category.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss