> I just got the laterst edition of "Linux Journal" in the mail and the
> cover story is about setting up your own wireless network at home.

I read this article and thought to myself.... Why?... unless you have
all the spare parts laying around and you can't find a better use for them.

You can by access points
D-Link DWL-1000AP for $131
LinkSys WAP11 for $139

that will do the same thing  and a whole lot easier to configure
and lower power consumption.

I used to have a coyote linux box (486) set up when I was on dial up and
that at least made sense  I could share all my home computers on one
dialup/firewall (I have 5 computers throughout the house).

It's a good exercise in getting to know how to configure linux and get different
tasks completed. However, the best reason I can come up with is... "because you
can".

Regards... Brad.