There's an article here mentioning a few cases, including Verizon and
Merrill Lynch.  Might provide a good starting point for research.

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/perl/story/19792.html

You may also want to look into StarOffice, which is the version of
OpenOffice that Sun sells and supports.  Licensing info is here:

http://wwws.sun.com/software/star/staroffice/6.0/index.html

Case studies here:

http://wwws.sun.com/software/star/successstories/index.html

--