Michael Vieths <foeclan at visi.com> writes:

> *parses message*
> ...and this relates even peripherally to this list... how?

"Err, uh, well, oops," he explained, unaware that he'd posted the message to
the list, although he manifestly did.

> --
> Michael Vieths
> Foeclan at Visi.com
>
> On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Joel Rosenberg wrote:
>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/2224395.stm
>>
>> I have an amazing coincidence to report:  the Swedish hijacker is an Arab,
>> travelling to an Islamic conference, in Birmingham, England.
>>
>> Who wudda thunk it?
>>
>> --
>> Under the existing [Arab] regimes, the fight against corruption is
>> like a fighting capitalism in the U.S. or Catholicism in the Vatican.
>>      -- Dr. Abd Al-Wahhab Al-Effendi

But it is impossible not to notice that, in some of the poorest parts
of the world, most people, most of the time, appear to be happier than
we are. In southern Ethiopia, for example, the poorest half of the
poorest nation on earth, the streets and fields crackle with
laughter. In homes constructed from packing cases and palm leaves,
people engage more freely, smile more often, express more affection
than we do behind our double glazing, surrounded by remote controls.
 -- George Monblot
The life expectancy in Nigeria is 46 years.
 -- James Lileks, responding to George Monblot