On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 20:17, Shawn Fertch wrote:
> Okay, maybe I'm overlooking something but here's what I'm running into:
>
> root at fjorn:/cdrom/kernels# ./makedisk adaptec.s/ adaptec.s/bzImage
> su: ./makedisk: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied
>
> Here's the permissions on the file:
>
> root at fjorn:/cdrom/kernels# ls -al makedisk
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         5572 May 31 04:54 makedisk*
>
> Here's what the fstab says:
>
> root at fjorn:/cdrom/kernels# grep cdrom /etc/fstab
> /dev/cdrom       /cdrom           iso9660     noauto,user,rx   0   0
>

> Am I overlooking something stupidly simple?  I've got a box that won't boot from cd-rom, and it's all scsi drives/cdrom with an adaptec card that I'm trying to load.

Is it likely you don't have the sh shell installed?

on my slackware box:
dns:~$ which sh
/bin/sh

That error seems to indicate to me that sh actually isn't there on your
box.  Use `which` to see if it's someplace else.

Otherwise, I understand that sh is just a symlink to bash:
dns:~$ ls -l /bin/sh
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root            4 Dec  4  2001 /bin/sh -> bash*

--
Brent Metzler		| AIM: bmetzl1999 	| http://www.bmetzler.org
brent at bmetzler.org	| Y! : bmetzl1999 	|
612-270-0119		| ICQ: 43952639 	| MSN: passport at bmetzler.org