Quoting Florin Iucha (florin at iucha.net):
> Do you know what will this guarantee? That in less than 30 seconds by
> looking under the monitor, under the desk and the top drawer you will find
> the post-it with the last 5 passwords.
>
> Bob, when was the last time you changed you house keys?

Got me there.

> Your office keys?

In March.

> Your office alarm code?

Every month.

> Give me a break.

Get a clue, then I'll give you a break. Read any security whitepaper and you'll
see password aging is recommended. I could have been real anal and said session
password, ala a token card, that expires every 30 mins.

Password aging for a normal user, yes, a postit on the monitor might happen. But
a normal user doesn't have access to much data. A postit note on the monitor of
an admin or user with privileges, that should never happen.
--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>         | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500