Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>  wrote:
> Anyone know of any "enterprise" level virus scanners for linux?
> Something that will work for thousands of mailboxes?

That's pretty vague.  Do you want to quarantine or do you want to
disinfect?  The reason I ask is because we use a program called Clam
Antivirus.  It's written in C, can auto-detect multiple processors and
take advantage of multithreading the scanning of files/directories, and
uses the virus definitions that come from the Open Antivirus project.

I don't recall if you use Sendmail, Exim, or Postfix, but clam antivirus
can be used with any of these using AmaVis.  We filter all email that is
received over the Postfix SMTP daemon.

It's a pretty good "Enterprise" level virus scanner setup, and it's all
GPL.  Merry Christmas!

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie