If I pppd's dial on demand works like diald, it should support additional systems providing you have the linux system set up for routing and possible even masquerading (aka DNAT).

-----Original Message-----
From:	Brent Metzler [SMTP:linux at bmetzler.org]
Sent:	Thursday, August 22, 2002 10:28 AM
To:	tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject:	Re: [TCLUG] Is diald still the way to go for dial on demand?

Since the thread is here, I thought I might go ahead and ask.  About 2
years ago I set up a network dialup with masqdialer.  The Windows client
worked slick and everyone was happy.  However, early this year I had to
set up another dialup network, and I couldn't find any Windows clients
anymore.  I think I found one, but it was junk.

So, does ppp allow you to remotely bring up a connection?  Or is there a
decent masqdialer Windows client that I missed?  Or perhaps a different
solution now.  I thought I tried ppp on demand, but it would only bring
up the connection if the box it was installed on needed it, not other
clients.  But I might not have understood how to configure it properly.

Thanks,
Brent

On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 07:44, Clay Fandre wrote:
> Yes, it is now build into pppd. man pppd, and look for "demand". I
> used it for over a year when I was still on dialup and it worked
> great.
>
> -- Clay
>
> On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Wayne Johnson wrote:
>
> > Back before I had DSL, I had diald set up on my RH6.2.  I'm setting up a new box that needs dial on demand.
> >
> > I noticed that diald is still not part of RH, nor does it seem to have a lot of action on sourceforge.  Has it been replaced with a better package?  Does ppp now supply dial on demand?
> >
> > Thanks.

Brent Metzler					| AIM: bmetzl1999
brent at bmetzler.org				| Y! : bmetzl1999
612-270-0119					| ICQ: 43952639