On Wednesday 21 August 2002 12:20, Bin Yin wrote:
> Have someone using SUSE instead of using Microsoft? May you please share
> the experience?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bin

In what ways do you wish to use SuSE? I have it as a desktop setup at home, I
have installed servers into a few client sites, mail, web, and one where we
replaced an older NT server with SuSE 7.3 and Samba to provide basic
file/print shares to the users.

I have been using SuSE since 5.3(or was it 5.4) in a variety of situations. I
have never had an issue with it, except the most recent version of the SuSE
installer YaST needed 64(GUI) or  48(console) Mb of RAM to install so I
couldn't install it to an older laptop with 40MB of RAM. Otherwise I like it
a lot. Its the one I recommend first.

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com