On 21 Aug 2002, Dave Royer wrote:
> I'm in the process of moving and I just talked with Qwest to get DSL
> turned on and I discovered that they aren't selling the Cisco 678
> anymore.  It's replacement is something called an ActionTec 1520 (I
> found them at http://www.actiontec.com/products/)
>
> Has anyone heard anything, good or bad about these new routers?
>
> From the spec sheet it looks like it should do the job, but I'm not
> sure if I'm going to have to break out the windows box to set it up or
> not.

Looks like you can set it up with a web browser. Qwest just provides a
'doze utility to do it, though. Pretty nice.. $144 shipped (for ISP's, not
sure what the end user cost is, unless you just want the $5/mo thing)
isn't bad at all. We haven't gotten one in for testing yet, but are
planning on it soon.