Nate Carlson wrote:
> How I read it, the honeypot watches for _anyone_ searching for copyrighted
> music, and blackholes them from their network. So if an innocent user is
> searching for britney_spears-newest_hits.mp3, and tries to grab it,
> they'll be blacklisted. Sounded like something to keep RIAA from sueing
> them, to me..

Actually, they say "Clients which connect to our peer-to-peer clients,
and then afterwards attempt to illegally access the network will be
immediately blacklisted from Information Wave's network." I took that to
mean you'd need to do something beyond just hitting their gnutella
clients to get blacklisted. I guess they want to correlate between
gnutella hits and illegal access attempts so they can block the RIAA
specifically, instead of blocking just any old guy who attempts to
access their network illegally. :)

carlos