I think you misread. The announcement says:
"Clients which connect to our peer-to-peer clients, and then afterwards
attempt to illegally access the network will be immediately blacklisted from
Information Wave's network."

Note the part about "...then attempt to illegally access the network..."

I believe they're saying that they expect the RIAA to find their client and
try to attack it. When this happens, they'll ban the attacker (the RIAA).
It's a way for them to make sure they're staying on top of the RIAA.

- Jared