On Monday 19 August 2002 23:40, Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 10:29:44PM -0500, Peter Clark wrote:
> > 	This should have a simple answer: there are times when I want processes
> > owned by other users to spawn windows in my current X session. What
> > settings do I enable / change to avoid the dreaded "Xlib: connection to
> > ":0.0" refused by server" and "Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect
> > to Server" messages from appearing?
> >
> > 	:Peter
>
> xhost +localhost
>
> man xhost

	Perhaps just a little more info, please. :) Running as a normal user, I typed
'xhost +localhost' and then switched to a root console and tried opening up
'kmenuedit' but could not connect. The man file was not terribly helpful,
although it made me realize that I don't have /etc/X*.hosts files. Restarting
the server likewise had no beneficial effect.
	:Peter