Did you ever get a response to this (July) email?

I have an IDE RAID card using the Promise set in my linux box.  I was
never able to get the RAID aspect to work and, reading about it, it
wasn't clear that it was even worth tryin g --- several sources said
that Linux s/w RAID was actually better performance than IDE RAID.

Whatever.

So I just treated the RAID device as two separate drives, /dev/hde and
/dev/hdf.  That's cool.  But I can't figure out how to make LILO boot
from hde.  So I'm booting from floppy, which seems totally lame.

Any suggestions?  I've looked around at google, but most everything I
find has to do with either (a) trying to make the IDE RAID device work
as a RAID device (I don't care) or (b) booting from Linux s/w RAID.

Thanks!