On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 12:11:06PM -0500, Scott Lystig Fritchie wrote:

>su> there were several bugs with the SNMP support in cbos.  i don't
>su> know if these have been resolved in the latest release.  you might
>su> want to consult the errata/release notes for the rev of code
>su> you're running
>
>I've had horrible luck using SNMP to get stats out of my Cisco 675 for
>MRTG, so for years I haven't bothered using SNMP.  Instead I wrote a
>Perl expect script that Telnet's to the silly thing and retrieves that
>stats that way.
I set it up a while back and it just works.  I have a 2.4ish cbos
(too lazy to look)

I have something like this in my mrtg.cfg
--------
WorkDir:/var/www/html/mrtg-stuff/
Target[cisco675]: 1:CommunityName at x.x0.x1.1
MaxBytes[cisco675]: 1250000
Title[cisco675]: Traffic Analysis
PageTop[cisco675]: <H1>Stats for the Cisco 675</H1>
--------
Then I have a cron job come by every 5min and update the files.
It ain't pretty, but it works relatively well.

http://autonomous.tv/mrtg/cisco675.html/

See my terrible bandwidth :(  /** 640/256 DSL **/