On Sat, Aug 17, 2002 at 09:18:23AM -0500, Scot Jenkins wrote:
[snip]
> 							     I called
> my ISP (Visi) who of course said they only support windows and mac for
> doing the cbos upgrade. :P  After the old 'college try' I ended up
> hauling my windows box to the basement (mouse, keyboard and all that
> jaz) just to do a frickin cbos update via hyperterm.  It took close to 10
> minutes to send the file up there, and of course, no errors.
>
> if anyone has input on the tftp solution, please speak up!

try a tftp server on the windows box, if that works, then you've narrowed
it down to the linux tftp server. If not, then it's a tftp issue with the
cisco unit. minicom (open source) can do all the file transfer protocols
that hyperterminal can (and more).

the tftp protocol is rather simple (thus the 't' in tftp), so I'd be
interested in seeing what's not working.