  From: Nathan Davis
  To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
  Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 10:58 AM
  Subject: Re: [TCLUG] [OT] Windows and Hardware clock in UTC

  Sorry, should have specified this before.  It's Windows ME.  Thanks for the info, though.
  --Nathan Davis

  Carl Lindgren wrote:

    What OS? If its Win2000 or higher, yes, there is a service (SNTP) that can
    pull time and date sync from the internet. Its required in w2k because of
    Microsoft's implementation of kerberos v5.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechn
    ol/windows2000serv/maintain/operate/wintime.asp

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnw2kmag01/
    html/TimeWin2K.asp

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q224799&

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q262680&