On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 16:52, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 04:17:22PM -0500, Carl Lindgren wrote:
> > Hey list,
> >
> > Does anyone know of an Out-of-the-Box Accounting Package that would run on
> > *nx?
>
> There's also a company called 'Appgen' who advertised in LJ; I think
> someone in the LUG has actually worked with their software, but I don't
> remember clearly.

Yep, I helped convert my old company's DOS-based CYMA accounting package
to Appgen running on SCO Unix (Linux is also supported).  It was a very
positive experience overall; the software and back-end database was
easily customizable and the Appgen client would run in either straight
terminal emulation or as a "smart" client with some GUI features.
Support is provided entirely by the reseller, so choose your reseller
carefully.

--
Carl Patten