Well, That certainly took a long time to post....  Are we having list server
problems again?

Anyway, I tried not to do anything fancy.  I am running debian unstable, but
have left most everything to its defaults. The kernel I compiled, didnt put
in fb support because people have mentioned conflicts with it.  The same vid
card works fine with RH7.3, so I stole the kernel and booted with that but
get the same problems.  (2.4.18 on both of them)   When I get home I will
take a look at what version some of those other things are.

Jay