On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Ryan Ware wrote:

> 	I agree, but what Linux/Unix products should one buy that
> gives all the functionality that started this thread?  There are
> none that are open source.

My confusion has been somewhat cleared.

ical, the original X11 calendar program, allows multiple users
to share their calendars (since 1986 or thereabouts). However, since
it works by using shared/non-shared files, you would have to setup
a filesystem share to use ical or a compatible calendar software
like Korganizer over a network.

Trivial, but some people have trouble with this since it doesn't
give them a "Calendar SERVER" to connect to.

sendmail, qmail, smail, &c. give an e-mail server (MTA) for people
to connect to.

I guess exchange combines these functions and is way cool and integrated
so people like it who haven't had access to the functionality for 15
years already.

--
Daniel Taylor
dante at plethora.net