On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 11:46:45AM -0500, Chad C. Walstrom wrote:
>machine running postfix, spamassassin, and AmaVis with Clam Antivirus.  All
>Free Software, all Debian packages.  Gee, I wonder why. *grin*

The only reason I can fathom is because you hate yourself so badly that you
wish drive yourself to an early grave through the accumulation of so much
stress that your head explodes.

Heh. Sorry chad, had to be done.

On a more serious note, aside from the license issues are the facts that in
order to get any more "Advanced" functionality out of qmail such as TLS and
AUTH support you must add patches to it since DJB has decided that his code
is good and complete and he'll not be maintaining or updating or adding any
new features. All this patching, while easy can make a headache for
maintenance. I can say that I switched to Exim and have never looked back,
it's a fantastic MTA that'll do  nearly anything you wish it too out of the
box.

--
Ben Lutgens				 | http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/
System Administrator	 | http://www.sistina.com/

"If you love something set it free, if it doesn't come back to you
hunt it down and set it on fire" -- George Carlin