On Sun, Aug 04, 2002 at 04:26:55AM -0500, Callum Lerwick wrote:
>I just use dyndns.org. ;P
>
>I've never bothered setting up scripts, I use their "static" dns, which
>is just dynamic dns with longer TTLs. My corner of the cable system was
>keeping the same IP for over six months at a time. Even after rebooting
>the server and the modem, I end up getting the same address.

I chose to use Nate's method and host my personal DNS at work and used a
signed zone transfer run from a script by dhcpcd when it notices a
variation in the IP. I don't know if it really runs the script when there's
a difference (the manpage says it does) because I've had the same IPaddress
for the entire time I've had my cable modem.

--
Ben Lutgens				 | http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/
System Administrator	 | http://www.sistina.com/

"If you love something set it free, if it doesn't come back to you
hunt it down and set it on fire" -- George Carlin