>>>>> "bn" == BN  <bneigebauer at attbi.com> writes:

bn> I believe some of the airport base stations from apple do
bn> this.....

There are two different varieties of Apple AirPort base stations.  The
one I've got is the older one, in grey plastic.  That one is nicknamed
"graphite".  The newer ones are allegedly white (I've never actually
seen one) and are nicknamed "snow".  They are very different beasts
internally, which makes a difference when using some of the non-Apple
configuration tools available on the 'net.

I know the graphites have modems in them, and apparently the snows do,
too, if non-Apple config tool docs are any indication,
e.g. http://edge.mcs.drexel.edu/GICL/people/sevy/airport/, whose
"configurator" version 1 I use for my graphite.

The folks I used to work with at Sendmail liked the modem when on the
road: they'd bring their base station with them and use it to dial in
to The Mother Ship.  If a group were staying at the same hotel, they'd
try to get adjacent rooms in order to share the modem.

-Scott