Scot Jenkins wrote:

>try apsfilter; I used it under slack 8.1 and it works great; prints both
>postscript and ascii text correctly.
>
>just run /usr/share/apsfilter/SETUP; it's text based and works great.  I
>went with most of the defaults.  Once the printer works under lpr, just
>share it via samba and install local drivers on your windows box and all
>should be good.

I'll second that.  My Laserjet III is running on a Slackware print
server.  I used apsfilter and it basically works right out of the box.
 Samba also works nicely.  One gotcha for a lot of people though is that
when you set up a linux client to print to an lpd server, you need to
use a raw driver, not the specific driver for your printer.  Unlike
Windows/Samba client's where you need to actually install the driver on
each computer.

Brent Metzler
brent at bmetzler.org
AIM: bmetzl1999